Hello! 
Welcome to The Model Horse Canuck! 
I am the Canadian artist behind Mustang Girl Artworks, and as you will see ~ I paint and customize model horses. I also like to play with them. Not quite like a kid, but close. 
I have been painting and customizing since early 2018 ~ I joined the model horse hobby in 2017. Its been a growing and learning curve, but I have loved *almost every moment of it. 

This is a brand new venture, so this page is still all a work in progress, but I hope to have this a safe and encouraging place for hobbyists and hobby artists. I have plans for future guest posts, artist spotlights, and sharing of the general fun that is in the hobby! As well as sharing my own artwork and general craziness that happens in the studio. 


My doll "Debbie" by Anne Field, Western tack set by Dani Youdris, and Dos Brio resin by Shiela Bishop, painted by me, with a handmade set up by myself as a fun posed photo. 

 
I collect certain resin models for my own personal collection. My NaMoPaiMo 2021 model, Tumbleweed by Maggie Jenner Bennett, painted with oils. Oils are a new venture for me so far. :) 


My main focus in my studio are commissions that are from around the world ~ Canada, USA, UK, Australia, and Europe. I paint several colours and patterns, on several artist resins and certain OF Breyer models. Shown here is an Iskra resin by Lynn Fraley, painted to a rose dapple grey in 2020. 


And of course...Red Duns. I'm always happy to paint a red dun. Folks have told me it should be my trademark colour. Dark and toasty, or light apricot dun coloured....Its literally putting everything I like onto one horse. This is Okie Too by Carol Williams, painted in 2020. 

So thats a lil what I've done, a lil about me, and a lil about what I do. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you come back again! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog