Hello hello. Hope everyone made it through their Monday! I've had a time of it lately with motivation in the studio. I always go by my mother's quote "An effort a day keeps failure away." 

But its a time where I can't push myself. Just focus on little things in the studio like "Sculpt just a muzzle on the commission." Just get the magnets in on one drastic project, as its been waiting awhile. Just paint a layer on one or two of the mini resins in house. Why not start painting a medallion that will be in the Breyerfest sale? (Ooops...;) 
Little by little motivation happens and as you think about things, suddenly its not so hard to just sit down and work with your hands. It can be tough when a hobby turns into something else, but you have to keep the joy within it, otherwise there is no point in continuing. So its important to take breaks. I get overwhelmed easily, especially since it is my very first Breyerfest with the studio participating, and all the preparations that entails. besides my regular commission work. 
 
Does that mean I rush? 
No. 






I want every piece to be so unique and obviously full of attention, love and detail. But I also panic over the lil imperfections. I am my worst critic. But remember, art is art. There is a story behind each piece, and its not to be a manufactured whatever to look pretty. Every model that comes through my studio, be it a sales, commission, or personal ~ I put everything I have into it. So sometimes it takes a little longer when my focus is divided. And thats okay.  A simple bay is no longer a simple bay for me. I want to experiment and see what shades I can put into it. A sculpting commission is not just changing a look. Its a brand new creation. 

So that is a little about what happens here. I work just about every day in the studio, which is my room ~ sculpting for an hour here, and then putting some paint to a  horse and sealing the ones that need it before I leave to see Chance, and when I come back I bring them in to cure for a bit before doing it again the next day. And if I feel motivated or have something to finish when I don't have anything on my plate, I will sit down and sculpt some more or clean up my mess from earlier. 
These are just some of the few projects I'm working on ~ a couple are for the Breyerfest sale. The rest are commissions. I'll let you guess what they might be. XD 


   






 

Comments

  1. Oh, wow. So many awesome projects. 😍 loving the aran and the jumping horse. Goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog