Wow I had no idea how time would fly....I kinda disappeared for a bit! *Long post alert ~ scroll for the pictures below if thats all you want to see lol! * 

    I will admit life was a bit of a wreck for awhile ~ I was so wrapped up with Breyerfest (which was awesome however!) and working with commission work that took up most of my time. I was also working a lot with my colt after his gelding that required lots of walking and vet bills...so that was quite stressful for a month where I was on stress mode 24\7 physically and mentally. Now he is okay and bills are paid. Life kept happening however with losing a good community friend suddenly, when the same day I was dumped by someone who I was getting to know, so that was actually a crushing day. Then family came visiting for two weeks so I put social media and such out of the way to spend time with them and heal a bit. It was wonderful to be honest, and just what I needed. 

  I also have been making some hard decisions concerning my studio where I feel....lost somehow. Not sure what direction I want to go...not sure what to do....not sure what I can do when I want to learn and do so much. So many projects and things I want to paint and sculpt. Don't get me wrong ~ I absolutely LOVE painting and delivering painted ponies for people as commissions because I get so much joy and satisfaction doing that, honestly. I feel like I'm someone needed, and someone special when people trust me and want me to paint for them. But my problem is sometimes I try too hard. To the point I am on the brink of burnout almost. I don't step back to enjoy painting for myself much, and other projects get neglected. I rarely have time to enter photo shows or take pictures, or pursue new big ideas. But a big problem is that it doesn't pay what I need it to, and I can only paint so much so fast. I don't feel comfortable charging more than I do for my work as I feel its not worth it, and I don't want to be big for my britches. 

  So where does that leave me? I've been in the process of thinking and possibly will be applying for a local job and stepping back from the full scale commissions I've been doing for nearly 3 years. It has nothing to do with my wonderful clients or their amazing ideas ~ its none of their fault and if I had to, I'd do it all again anyways because they are been so awesome to me. It truly means a lot, but its the grand scheme of things that have put a damper on WHY I do this.  I may still keep taking on 1-3 commissions to keep me happy that I can still paint the way I love to do, but can still leave time to focus on things I want to do that doesn't involve keeping a schedule. Kind've scale it down to a hobby supporting a hobby instead of a monetized hobby to pay bills. Don't get me wrong, doing this full time has NOT been terrible 99% of the time, and I truly believe people can do what they like whether they put their foot out to make it more than just a fun hobby and make it their livelihood. But we don't HAVE to, and NO ONE is obligated to. :) 

I view it as a chapter that was bright and wonderful, but some things change and its okay to change. Not all the way that I leave the hobby or stop collecting, which I won't be doing. :) Just bring it down to a lower scale than what I've been doing, and not worry or struggle to make end meet like I have the last few months. That way I don't hit serious burn out and will loathe picking up a brush or view it as a chore later in the future.

I more see myself painting commissions on a smaller scale of volume if people will continue to want my work, and painting for myself and friends. Mustang Girl Artworks is super special to me, always will be, and so is my logo by Tara that I am so blessed with. It stands for something, and I honestly want to have it so people can see that to. But I also want to start making time and room to do art trades like I have with a few friends ~ because honestly I LOVE doing that because we both benefit, and no serious money is involved. Its just fun and a way to share different talents with each other. 

So today I picked out my new tack and a couple new OF models that have entered my collection this afternoon to take some fun pictures. Not for showing, but just to have fun, just let my hair down with perfection. My new tack from Breyerfest is a saddle by Three Pines Tack that is just AMAZING and so sturdy, so full of beautiful details! Rachel seriously delivered and is a wonderful tack maker. I highly recommend her! Then I was SO excited to have gotten a fun bareback pad and hackamore set by Jennifer Buxton from her BF sale ~ I just love it so much. It is so well made and is my favourite colours. Jennifer is a legend and an inspiration to me with her photos and her tack making (and painting to!) so yes, this gal is so happy to have some of her tack in my humble herd. :) 


So that is the news of lately why I disappeared and whats going on now with my studio. I hope its not too boring, I think I also felt I didn't need to write here as folks wouldn't exactly miss it, so I just....didn't. I will be getting back into Artist of the Week spotlights soon because I feel its important and encouraging to do. :) My problem is that there are SO many of you wonderful creators out there ~ keep doing your beautiful work!!! 

Enjoy the pictures for now, I know they are not perfect but thats almost of the point of them. Just for fun, not driving perfection right now. Big hugs, and thank you for bearing with me. :) 









By the way, this lovely bridle is by Danielle Hart ~ it will remain my favourite bridle I have! XD 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog