Second week of Artist of the Week! This week is Lori Larsen, a fellow Canadian artist of Sapphire Sky Studios! 

                    Lori Larsen was one of the first Canadian artists I started following when I entered the hobby in 2017. I was in awe of her stunning bright colours she could paint, using oils are her medium. She has an incredible eye for detail, and it really shows. One thing I always look for is the personality and expression, especially within the eye, that an artist can infuse into their work, and Lori is no exception.  Her knowledge of colour and use of oils to create a lovely resemblance of a healthy, shiny horse is well worth the eye candy. 😀 She paints a variety of colours....but we all have to be honest, lets say she's good at bays. I have the honour of having one of her pieces in my collection, and he will forever stay! 
    In addition to being a patient painter, she has gladly shared her knowledge and ideas about oil painting to folks and to be honest, she is the inspiration that I tried oils. Now, I have a long ways to be at her level, but I sincerely appreciate artists who share and care to help those who are interested in learning new mediums and techniques! 
     
            Also check out her flatwork .... I have a card print of one of these and I am also enthralled with it! Who else loves to collect and keep artwork from friends? 
            Don't forget to check and follow her social media, ~ Facebook and Instagram! And be sure to watch for when she has her sale for the Breyerfest Artisan Gallery this year! 💕  






   




                Lori also does mohair ~ her 2021 NaMoPaiMo model was probably one of my favourites this year!!! 


                                                   This gal here always loves a good chestnut....

                





Comments

Popular posts from this blog