*photo credit to Janilyn Kooy* 

Friends! Last night was a special moment for me. It became official that a dream I have had since a little girl was to come true ~ to have a pony of my very own. Chance, aka LadyLuck Hero, is now part of the family. 💕

Its one thing to work with horses and ponies (and long ears) that belong to others when their owners are generous and kind to share. It was as close as I could get, and I learned a ton of what goes on in horse life that way. I've ridden many different horses and handled and pet many more, and I was happy with that. I still have two very specific horses I am very attached to in the way of sentimental value. 💜
God provides, and I knew my time would come one day. But it didn't stop me from always praying for a pony for my own. 

Fast forward those years and times and many prayers. Last spring a friend and neighbour had a gorgeous Canadian mare, and she was not sure if the mare was pregnant or not. Well it turned out the mare was, and a little bay colt was born on May 30th in the rain, mud, and cold. He had a time of it in his early life, and he had to fight for his life those first hours, and even days. Everyone was so worried about him in his early days, and I won't forget the time I came when he was just two days old...my first time ever being so close to a newborn foal. I was but a little awestruck at how tiny and frail he was. 

What a time everyone had as he grew and as such, complications with a distrusting mare and growing lil baby. But with time, care, and many hours of everyone combined watching over him, things got much better. I came to visit quite a few times as I was fascinated with this colt, and wanted to help all I could. I remember touching him for the first time, and let me tell you, there is nothing compared to baby fuzz soft!!! He grew SO fast, and day by day he was stronger, romping around and getting into SO. MUCH. TROUBLE. 

It was found which sire had caused the "accidental breeding", and that LadyLuck Hero, William Wallace at the time, was a Canadian/AQHA. 
Well it came about a few months later, and well...I had to make a decision about if I was ready to become a momma in a way to a colt. Brand new experience, and there was a lot of thinking and doubting going on. To me at the time it was too good to be true. But I wanted the chance so very badly. 

Well....I decided I was ready. I had done so much praying about it, and put the matter in the Lord's hands. And it has come to be. And it really was true that good things come. I cannot thank the breeder at LadyLuck Farm and newfound friend who trusts me with the precious gift of a new life in this big world of learning for both of us, and for the special friends and mentors and my supportive family who will help me with this new adventure that I voluntarily have stepped into. I have been with this little big bay colt since two days old, and been with him with just about all his life changes and experiences, weaning, and training. So we already have a pretty special bond thats only going to get stronger. And I'm really excited how far it is going to take us, God willing. :) 

I have his barn name changed to Chance for two reasons ~ its the name of the horse that started it all for me at when I was 2 years old and as little as I remember about it, I still think of the big red "crazy" horse I as a child snuck into his field and climbed on his legs and walked along the fence with him following me. And the chance to live a dream in real life. Its as simple as that. :) 

So let the adventures really begin. :) 




@ 9 months old 

@ 8 months old 

@ 8 months old 

@ 7 months old 

@ 7 months old 


@ almost 6 months old 

@ 5 months old 

@ 4 months old 


@ 3 months old 

@ almost 3 months old 

@ 1 month old 

@ few hours old 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog