Whew! Made it through another week, and its Monday again. Working on this bay Lola commission steadily (among many others) Working on a new "formula" of a brighter bay. I tend to very heavy handed on the dark shades of horses. I mean, I love dark bays, blacks, dark chestnuts, and darker shades of grulla/dun. They are so dramatic, and I love to see just how I can play with highlights. A thing this year however is gaining more "light" coloured horses for the portfolio that is slowly growing. :) Because, they can be just as hard and as dynamic as darker shades. 

        So what did you guys do this last weekend? I took a break from social media for the most part and went sledding down the steep slopes of Carcross Desert with my family with some other folks we know. They brought their skidoo with a massive sled to haul us up, where we would climb out and jump on sleds and FLY down that hill (the biggest one of course). We were going so unbelievably fast that we passed a skidoo doing a good speed downhill. Want to talk about fun?  I loved every minute of it. Afterwards was hot dogs and cocoa by a large fire pit where we sat on spaced chairs to warm up some before packing up for home. 

    Sunday was not a sleep in day either. I got up very early and left @ 7:30 am to travel north of town, for about an hour and 15 min. drive by highway to a small ranch to join in a specially situated for the times farrier trimming clinic. It was wonderful to listen to a respected and well trained Natural Performance farrier for the morning and early afternoon, taking notes and drawing sketches in my "bubble" and there were really good conversations I was able to take part in. For anyone who does not know, I am an aspiring barefoot/Natural Performance farrier and am on the verge of training in this field seriously. I was able to clip a couple hooves on a steady long toed horse, and did not do half bad for the handful of times I've touched farrier tools LOL. The farrier approved of my work and everyone was cheering me on from afar. It was super great, but wow, do you feel muscles you didn't know you had. 😂 And then that evening I helped my friend roll a hay bale to the horses and groomed and worked with Chance a little bit. 

    So that was my weekend! I'm back in the studio and painting away as that was my mood for the day. Oh, and guess who came in the mail?! Herbert from Clarity Studios (Emma Sumner) in small traditional scale of "Neighing." So many goodies that included a squishy unicorn that came with him. :)  He's going to a future BF sales piece. And I already know what colour this handsome fellow is going to be. I absolutely love this guy, I highly recommend snagging one (or even two!) of these guys before its too late! 


                                                         I love his wavy mane so much. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog