Yesterday I woke up and wasn't motivated to do anything. All I could do was stare at the ponies needing sculpting, prepping, painting, and sealer layers. Most of the time I thrive on this and can happily work away on different projects. But In this kind of mood I don't even touch ponies because that leads to disaster. 

So I did ALL the entries for the Candyland Photo Show. Because thats harder to mess up. In theory anyways. 
I already had the photos ready for halter classes, but it took a bit of time to upload them all and remember their names/breeds.  None for Performance entries even had photos though. I only had time for a few classes, so I picked 5 that I felt I could do. I'm such a novice at this and am not very confident in creating ideas sometimes, because I don't know what is acceptable/whats not. Or because maybe, it wasn't such a bright idea like I would think to others. And with limited sources and props...I make do. 
Thats part of the fun, you realize. 

My sister and I brainstormed and dragged out all the props, arena background, sand, and my main performance horses. And of course, Debbie the doll. I just bought a new ring light and so hooked that up to. Some photos came out great, some not so great, and one like the above photo, I didn't enter because there were some things I didn't like about it. But I thought it was cool so I kept it in the photo bunch. I picked my favourites, and entered them. They are not perfect. I highly doubt they will place anything, but at least I had fun! 

So much fun, despite tacking up the wrong horses and having props fall over consistently ~ I was in a good enough mind space afterwards to do some sculpting, paint a couple layers on one horse, and spray the sealant on the ones that did need it. And grabbed supplies together to create the basis of a base for one such horse that needs it. Its going to be a doozy when I'm done. If it goes to plan. *key word....IF. 

Its not always like this when I do so much in a day. Sometimes one day I focus on just one horse. Or on one project orientation such as sculpting. (I have a ton of sculpting left to do) Prepping is a big one to be tackled this month. Or its painting certain colours for the day. I have to pace myself on days like that, because its not every day I can do EVERYTHING on my to do list. Which can be pretty long 😆 When my studio is my full time job, it gets to be quite a bit. Which I'm forever grateful for everyone who is supporting me this way! 💜

So below are the ones I entered. Which one's your favourite? 

 
                                                           "Happy Trails" class w/ Chevy's Put it in Park 

                                                            "Sparkle Motion" class w/ Canuck's Maple Edge 

                                                "Barn Storming" class w/ Wausinoodae and Fireball of an Identity

              "Family Portrait" class w/ Teddy, Chevys Put it in Park, Fireball of an Identity, and Canuck's Maple Edge 


                                                                "Might as well Jump" class w/ Teddy 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog