Hello friends! I apologize for my silence lately ~ I was not able to get my Artist of the Week gathered in time last week and this week I have not heard back from the artists I contacted. So please bear with me ~ I plan on getting this rolling for you guys. :) 

    But how about I share my Best Customs Contest horse? I know many of you probably have seen him. I'm sorry if you are tired of seeing him. I am so excited about him however and I am actually still shocked I finished him * just in time * 

    May was a long and very hard month for me. June has been not much better with losing a dear pet and dealing with * anxiety * with the BF craze to get ready for my Artisan Gallery! The good news is that ALL commissions in house are FINISHED. Now I can focus solely on those secret ponies and when they are done, I'll give myself a breather to enjoy summer and maybe paint some of my own ponies that have been waiting patiently....before other commissions come into the studio (which I am always excited about you know)! 

    This guy was a priority for the top 2 weeks leading up to June 11. I did my sculpting earlier this year but barely did anything in terms of prepping. Whistlejacket used to be a Classic Ginger ~ but maybe a centimeter of plastic is left on the big guy LOL. He is unbelievably heavy, and even with my trying to weight his backend, he was too front heavy. So I drilled a hole with a dremel to fit a peg...and then the drill bit detached and got stuck inside the silly thing. Guess what that meant?!?! I had to cut and dremel out a huge hole to find the bit because I was not about to lose my favourite drill bit. So that meant lots of resculpting and reprepping. Long story short...Everything that could go wrong did go wrong from severe pigment grain, wrong colours, paint repairs from dropping him in the driveway....but I pushed through as hard as I could. 5 days before the deadline, I decided to make a resin art ocean base....for the first time ever...with no clue what I was doing. 

~Note to self guys ~ never do that again. Unless you like extreme anxiety LOL ~

I took Claude Monet's painting as inspiration of what Whistlejacket from George Stubbs might be doing in a different scenario...all thrown into a modern concept. He could've turned out a lot better, but I think I did great pushing out of my boundaries to such a contest. Thinking outside the box, trying things I normally wouldn't do on a regular scale, and persevering to the extreme.  I don't expect miracles, and I most definitely don't expect a win, but the main thing is that I tried, I learned, and I grew artistically. Not to mention, I am so grateful that so many people love him to. Besides, cheering on my friends, as well as being encouraged immensely ~ it eased my fears of people being exceptionally competitive. My jaw kept dropping at the amazing, beautiful, creative entries that kept popping up!!! Like, seriously WOW!!! 😍  I really, really like how supportive everyone is despite going against entries in categories....we're just artists lifting each other up to the best we can be where we are at with what we got. 

This model is more than just a model .... more than just a BCC entry. He is a hand held testimony of my own work of love, sweat, tears, and yes some blood to. I threw him in the trash at one point, when I was going to give up. But literally 10 minutes later I kicked myself and went and got him back...and I'm really glad I did LOL. I've had several people ask me if I'm going to sell him ~ the answer is, I don't know. He is perfect and yet imperfect. And his value is far more than what I'd like to put a price on. So I think he's going to stay with me for awhile. He does make me smile every time I see him however. 💚 

Thank you for your patience as I get myself together again and keep up the Artist of the Week spotlights. I sincerely like doing it, and it means much to me to brighten one or two persons' day(s). 

Big hugs people!!!


    





Comments

Popular posts from this blog